We shall be making a list post on the *facts about testosterone”.
With hope that it serves as some kind of go get resource on the subject which is very necessary knowledge for men out there.
Without much ado, let’s begin.
Facts About Testosterone.
1. Testosterone is found in both men and women. While it is much in males, it is found in lesser amounts in women.
2. The testicles is the production center for testosterone in men. While in women its the ovaries that is responsible for making testosterone, though in much smaller amounts.
3. The normal range of testosterone for men is between 250 and 1100 ng/dL for adult males, and between 8 and 60 ng/dL for adult females, according to the Mayo Clinic .
4. Testosterone production starts to increase significantly during puberty, and begins to dip after age 30.
5. Women with excessive testosterone may develop masculine features.
6. Abnormally high levels of testosterone could be the result of an adrenal gland disorder, or even cancer of the testes.
7. Boys with higher levels of testosterone may begin puberty much earlier than others.
8. During puberty, testosterone helps build a man’s muscles, deepens his voice, and boosts the size of his penis and testes.
9. Health conditions that can leas to lower levels of testosterone in our system.
- Injury to the testicles
- Testicular cancer or treatment for testicular cancer
- Hormonal disorders
- Chronic liver or kidney disease
- Type 2 diabetes
- Hemochromatosis (too much iron in the body)
- Chronic kidney failure
- Cirrhosis of the liver
Admittedly there are other facts of testosterone out there but here on this very post, the above listed facts about testosterone must have to do.